Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Journey

When we’ve been trying to understand what’s happening in our lives and still couldn’t figure out the answer, maybe God doesn’t really want us to understand and be confused. He just wants us to trust and follow Him. But Jesus doesn’t promise a smooth sailing journey. When we follow Jesus, we have to carry our cross until we reach our own Calvary. And after all the sufferings, you'll know it's worth it - the happiness is perpetual; the heart is fulfilled.

The photo above is Kamay ni Hesus in Lucban, Quezon founded by Rev. Fr. Joey Faller. The huge statue of Jesus is on top of a mountain with almost 300 man-made stairways. Kamay ni Hesus is not just an ordinary tourist attraction, it embodies the meaning of life. The journey to the top is really tiring but there are areas in between where one can take refuge and rest. But once we reach the peak, the exhaustion vanishes because we are reunited with Jesus. Life is like that. It isn’t easy but when we get tired God provided us with places where we can rejuvenate. He also gave us family and friends to accompany us in our journey. We are not alone. In good times and in bad, God is with us in the form of another human being and in the calmness of our heart in times of difficulty. And finally, the peak of the mountain symbolizes a goal that has been fulfilled.

Towards the end of 2009, I felt that a gate of great opportunity opened only to realize in the end that it was not meant for me (maybe not yet). It was very frustrating. But another gate opened so quickly. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that I am going to be where I am today but I think I’m on the right track. I don’t know what is on the end of the road but I have decided to go on and just trust that no matter what happens I know God has a purpose bigger than I can imagine.

0 Speak:

Popular Posts

Archive