Sunday, December 14, 2008

Wish List with a Twist

Bro. Bo Sanchez (a Catholic preacher, author of some best-selling books in the country, a successful businessman and head of different ministries for the works of the Lord) once said “Do not postpone your happiness.”

I remember this phrase just recently and for some unexplainable reason I have become really excited. My mind is now packed with so many activities that I want to accomplish this week. In a separate talk, Bro. Bo has also encouraged us to write down the things that we enjoy doing. He calls it "The Joy List.”

What is Joy List?

In my own definition, Joy List is quite identical to Wish List. However, there is a twist. A Wish List is a list of desires which a person can choose to pour out his own sweat or others can do it for him in order to make a dream a reality. A Joy List, on the other hand, is a compilation of yearnings in which one compels himself to make things happen.

Let’s continue…

Writing for me is a burden to a certain extent (because it usually takes me hours or a few days to finish an anecdote or a short essay). Apparently, I never followed him (Bro Bo sorry for being stubborn and disobedient). However, the story doesn’t end there. The white flag is up. I surrender! It's time to squeeze, smash, crush, hammer these plans in my head. Therefore, I have finally decided to post my “Joy List” specifically for this week. Here it is…

· I want to finish wrapping Christmas gifts for my relatives in Quezon province (My dear friends, one of my goals for next year is to include you in my list. Sorry the budget is really tight. Hehe!).

· I want to visit Mrs. Romela Rubio, one of my mentors in life; have few minutes talk; and thank her for everything that she has done for me.

· I want to see my friends (that include my high school and college friends and former officemates) if not all at least even some of them. I wish we could have long chit-chats while enjoying lunch or dinner or any junk food/street food available.

· I want to read two books in the bible so my spiritual life will continue to grow. I hope it will become a habit eventually.

· I want to read more informational and inspirational articles rather than reading gossips in various entertainment websites.

· I want to clean my room to make it more pleasing not just in my eyes but in the sight of my housemates as well. Or perhaps it would be better to also include the living room, the dining room, the kitchen and the hallway. After that, I will be my parents favorite daughter. Yahoo!!!

· I want to iron clothes even though it would take me hours to finish it. After all, I’m doing it for me and the love of my family.

Oh gosh! I have so many things to do. I am elated.


P.S. Time to sleep. My schedule seems toxic. Toxic but happy.

0 Speak:

Popular Posts

Archive